If you care about your construction site, you might already be planning on surrounding the perimeter with a temporary fence from a company like Statewide Rent-A-Fence and covering the surface with mesh fabric. After all, since you don't want pedestrians wandering onto your site or debris blowing onto the nearby sidewalk, the addition of a windscreen fabric might seem like a no-brainer. However, most construction managers overlook the fact that you can purchase full-color, digitally printed construction fabric, which preserves your privacy while offering other key benefits. Here are two things printed fabric construction fencing can do for you, and why it is worth the extra investment:
1: Improve Site Safety
Every construction manager knows how hard it can be to reduce liability and protect busy workers. In addition to routing people to the right work areas, you might also be concerned about making sure that visitors avoid the inherent hazards of the construction zone. Fortunately, mesh construction fencing fabric can be printed to include crucial worksite safety information, such as:
- Protective Gear Requirements: If people entering your worksite need to be wearing steel-toed boots, hard hats, and electrical safety gloves, your sign can be printed to give those directions. Try to place protective gear requirement information near the construction site entrances, where visitors and workers would see the guidelines before stepping into a potentially dangerous situation.
- Approved Workers: If your construction site contains other dangers, such as deep pits, exposed rebar, or live electrical lines, you might only allow certain specialists on site. Fortunately, printed construction fence fabric can also indicate who is allowed to enter each area, which might help to limit your liability.
- Site Office Information: Don't make franchise owners or landowners wander the construction site looking for your office. Instead, have the site office location and your contact information printed on the mesh fabric fencing material. That way, key visitors can find you quickly and easily—and you can make your site look more professional.
Keep in mind that you can also use printed construction project to display the location of necessary documents, such as SWPPP plans or building permits. That way, you might be able to avoid fines and keep city officials from hunting for the items they need.
2: Get The Word Out About Your Project
Do you ever get tired of answering questions about your construction project? It never fails. The minute you are immersed in building plans or trying to explain a procedure to an employee, a curious pedestrian yells inside to ask what you are building or when it will be done. Fortunately, the same construction fencing fabric that can reduce your liability might also help you to get the word out about your project and build interest in the businesses you represent. In fact, a staggering 50% of new customers learn about a business because of the presence of an on-site, outdoor sign. Here are a few ways you can use printed fabric to your advantage:
- Issue Public Notices: Use your mesh construction fabric as a way to address the public. Consider posting information about the project, such as which businesses are coming to the area, when the stores will be open, and special store events to expect in the near future.
- Build Your Brand: To get the word out about your construction business, make sure that your fabric fencing material includes a few of your company logos. For an added touch, consider including your company's motto about your dedication to quality, rewards you have received in the past, or recent reviews from previous clients.
- Paid Advertisements: If your construction project is in a highly visible part of town, you might even be able to sell advertising space on your fabric construction mesh to other businesses in the area. For example, that coffee shop across the street might be interested in letting the public know that they are open during the construction in the area. Selling advertising space can even open up a new revenue stream, which can offset your expenses.
By investing in colorful, digitally printed construction fabric, you might be able to protect your employees, advertise your services, and improve the public's perception of your project.Share